Monday, September 18, 2006

Indoor volleyball season is staring to heat up as I have now 3 leagues running. I am 11-2 so far between the 3 of them after a week and a half so not too shabby. I forgot how much I like to play with brother John and good friend Mike Repka for the indoor 6's. I also get a chance to play in some much more intense games on Tuesday's for reverse 4' s with buddy Mike Walton and some new ladies Anna Dudek (Old friend of John's from UPS college days) and Nicole Cauble. We went 2-1 to start versus a tough squad and look like we will be very tough for the league play. On Sunday nights is my men's 6's in Bellevue with Jesse Paulson and the rest of the boys. We are 4-0 to start off and have only added to last season when we finished 40-0 for a true sweep!! Looks like some additional competitive teams for this round which will increase the fun level a lot for our guys to be pushed a little. Last weekend I had a very nice time going to the WSU Cougar game at QWest field with the help of my friends in the ticket office there. Janelle and I were able to see the Cougs pull off one of their patented cardiac wins with a final play field goal. We had great seats, great weather, and great fun, laughing with all of the cougs sitting around us. I think I ran into something like 8-12 people I knew from WSU there as well, fun to catch up. On Sunday it was a little more lazy with laundry, watching the Seachickens on TV and a BBQ later with Moses and Laura Lundquist to kick off our favorite reality TV show, the amazing race!! We played their DVD game version with them, John, Amy, and Steph Paulson (Jesse's wife) and had a great time. Overall a fun weekend. Missy, the new feline addition to my life, is getting along well as an urban apartment cat and keeps me smiling all the time. I have added a catnip-filled "slug" to her toys to give her the Northwest feel. She loves it all right....A true Seattle cat!!

1 comment:

toddderrick said...

If blogging was your full-time job, you'd be fired! I've been waiting forever for an update -- thank goodness it's finally here!!