Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring is slowly inching closer!!
Even though it seems to be just creeping along for us here in Northwest I think Spring is in actuality slowly making a presence. As the trees begin to bud, the irises continue to sprout and my starter plants get big enough to head towards the garden bed. All good signs in my book. ;-) Janelle and I continue to settle make small changes now and then to improve the house, work on the outside and even get a few of our everyday items upgraded as we look forward toward our impending wedding in just about 1 month's time. The most recent of these was the purchase of some new dishes for general use, something we were in desperate need of with our dated dishes we both had brought with us. Janelle made some great choices as we went with an eclectic set of brightly colored items in the popular "fiesta" style. I really liked how they look and think having the myriad of colors certainly fits our somewhat offbeat sense of style and decoration. How could the wedding have snuck up so close without my realizing it!?! (Perhaps it is a guy thing) Lucky for us we have many of our ducks in a proverbial row as we near the date. I am excited to spend the special time with friends and family followed by a much-anticipated trip to Puerto Rico to celebrate our new life as a wedded couple. Save a spot on the sunny beach for us! I think both Janelle and I will be somewhat relieved to have planning of the wedding behind us as well as a vacation filled with relaxation time and just the 2 of us.

1 comment:

scrapweaver said...

I love the new dishes you two! LOVE all the color!