Monday, June 29, 2009

Update on Life:
Hey all, things continue to just roll along in our lives as they tend to. I have had the opportunity to play in some nice v-ball tournaments this summer, mediocre success but good friends and some good fun. This last event was a charity tournament to raise $$ for the American Cancer Association. There was gorgeous weather, 70+ teams, and we were able to raise close to $5,000!! Not a bad day at all. The garden continues to grow well as we are now harvesting raspberries every day with quite a crop remaining. We even caught a picture of Missy trying to harvest some berries for herself!! I also have been able to pull some nice radishes while the carrots and lettuce continue to sprout up. Just for the fun of it I planted some corn, beans, and pumpkins to one side, we will have to see if anything turns out from them. Always fun to experiment with the growing stuff, we certainly have enough space to spare for a few trial plants each season. In the meantime the lilies that I planted have started to bloom and combined with my daisies gives a great contrast I think. In other news we added a new member of the family in the form of a orange tabby cat named Tony. A 3-year old male he is slowly settling into the routine at our place and him and Missy are becoming friends it appears. Nice that they can share the space together and keep each other company while we are at work. He is a little skittish as of yet but slowly improving I think, only time will tell. Janelle is rolling along in her new job as an intake person for one of the counseling programs at CCS. She is at least "OK" with the position for now and certainly helps reduce stress with us both back to having steady jobs. I am also planning to interview for a possible teaching job at the Univ. of Phoenix in the next month or so. I have seen myself doing teaching at least sometime in my life so this might well prove to be the chance to get my foot into the door on the profession. Looking forward to the opportunity regardless.

1 comment:

Judy and Strode Weaver said...

Hey Matt--I always love your photos and your "journaling" It is fun to hear about your doings through your blog. Tony looks like a beautiful cat--I hope he will become more comfortable as time goes by. Your flowers are lovely. I hope you continue to ENJOY your volleyball outings. Sounds like last weekend was a successful fundraiser! Mabear