Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Tis the season my friends. The X-mas season is in full swing here in the Northwest and what better way to kick it off then hitting a few holiday parties with friends and maybe play a little volleyball if I can squeeze it in...(when has this ever been a problem for me huh?) So just this last Saturday Janelle got all dolled up and we hit the town, first stop was as friend Loch's place where he hosts his swanky X-mas party. Full bar, HUGE house, all the ladies in cocktail outfits and ~%50 the guys in tuxes, you get the picture. I did not go in a monkey suit but Janelle looked stunning in her new black/white dress and had fun hitting the catered buffet table and sipping on the free drinks with me!! It was a little cold to say the least but we managed to circle the fireplaces most of the night to stay warm. From there we headed out to Sally's annual white elephant gift exchange party and saw a host of others including the Paulsons, John/Amy, and even Todd still in town after the Denver adventure!! We had a great time with a few more beverages, food, and some great gift exchanges. People liked the silly snowman hat and gloves that Janelle decided to bring while my metal detector (which I thought was a GREAT idea) had only mixed reviews. We however made a killing as I came home with the mini-keg of our favorite Coors Light...that's right the Silver Bullet is in the house!! Janelle also scored big with a gorgeous dinosaur lamp. I cannot wait to celebrate the holiday season under the soft glow of the pterodactyl. In addition I have spent the last several nights decorating my new synthetic tree that I purchased for quite a small sum at the nearby Target store. It might not be all that impressive but I am very happy with the finale tree and glad to have all of my childhood ornaments out on display for all to see, sure makes it feel more like the holiday around my place as well which is sure nice. I would like to thank Janelle for pushing me to get the tree and do some decorations as well. I think it adds a lot to the room and has made it feel like a the start of the holiday season for both of us. On Sunday I think played in a men's 4's v-ball event with my brother John, Jesse Paulson, and Mike Walton, all members of the Madman Volleyball Team. We had a great time as we battled at Highline Community College and ended up the day with a stellar 10-1 record and the championship!! Everyone played great and we beat a pretty tough AA/A level regional team in the fun 3-game finale (our only loss came in there by the way). Nice to be able to win some regional events with buddies and having such a fun time doing it. Amy McKenna and Todd Moore also dropped by during the day on the way to drop Todd at the airport and joined in the fun. A great weekend and I look to carry the momentum through the holiday season!!

No comments: