Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Well the big X-mas fro '06 has come and passed here in the Emerald City. I had a great couple of days and will remember this holiday for years to come. We started out with a fun-filled trip to the Seahawks game as they took on the league-leading San Diego Chargers and fought to the bitter end. They fell slightly short with a tough 17-20 loss in the closing seconds but fought pretty hard for the entire game in my opinion. A much increased effort over the last several weeks, hopefully a good sign as playoffs near. It was great to hang out with my brother and Amy again and we had a good time no matter the outcome. A great way to start the big holiday. The one silver lining is with the 49er loss to Arizona the same day the Hawks clinch the division and will at least make the '06 playoffs and host a first round playoff game as a division winner. Nice for the city and I am sure to be there losing my voice once again in this unique opportunity with a regional team in the hunt for the super bowl once again. That of course was on Christmas Eve. After the game I braved the slick roads and headed north as as I spent some time that night with Janelle's extended family at aunt Carolyne and uncle John's house as they hosted the Parker gathering. Low-key and fun this time around with nice talks with the grandparents and family. Then down south as we headed to Port Orchard and the lovely self-built home of Bruce and Lisa Parker. They spoiled me rotten as I received a full stocking and many presents. My best will have to be the leather coat from my girl Janelle, fits great and I am loathe to take it off!!! They made me feel like one of the family for sure and it made for a really memorable Christmas morning. After a lazy breakfast and present session we headed north once again to hook up with the extended Paulson crowd with John, Amy, Jesse, and Steph all in attendance. Good times again and more presents!! I really feel spoiled this year for sure. We finished off the night after a superb dinner and pies with a trip to the theater for our holiday showing of "Night at the Museum". I had low expectations as with all Ben Stiller movies in my mind but was pleasantly surprised and laughed quite frequently at the show and would recommend it to others. Then it was off to the apartment as we cuddled in with the cat to go over all of our holiday loot and rest up for my parents visit for the New Year!! Hope the holiday were kind to all of you out there.

No comments: