Monday, January 15, 2007

Not a great weekend for my sports playing or teams that I follow. Seahawks lost a tough game in Chicago in OT to drop out of the playoffs. The WSU Cougar men's basketball tea lost a heartbreaker in overtime versus Stanford on the road. We had a tough go at the tournament in Oregon for my men's indoor 6's USAV team (2-7) on the day. We were missing the three middles from our roster and had to constantly shift formats through the day to try and combat the issue. To follow that poor showing up we went 2-2 in my men's league night in Bellevue just last night against a team we have historically had success against. Jesse had a tough night hitting (Very tough blockers on him all night), we were pretty short on bodies, and 2 of the guys showed up mostly drunk and were most certainly not their usual level of play for the match. We also had basically no reffing and the other team had what I would consider 12-15 REALLY bad sets of the course of the match which makes a big difference over the course of a game like this. In any case we also fell on our faces with our play and might well be in trouble with defending our reign in this league with this start and the competition upgraded again this year. Despite that fact things continue to roll along here in Seattle and I have added a few images for the new year festivities that my dad took as was kind enough to send our way. They include a great shot of the fireworks from the Spaceneedle. What a great view from my brother's rooftop!! I also have one from the cruise of downtown as we hit the shops for the day. Good times with the family for sure. I hope the week brings some better play from myself on the hardwood and a fun bro-night with John for some brew and Nintendo Madness!!

No comments: