Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I am returned from a fantastic trip to see my 2 adorable nieces in Akron ,OH. I was able to visit this past weekend to help out my sister Michelle and husband John as they get continue classes to prepare for an international adoption. That's right.....a new niece or nephew appears to be on the horizon, this time straight from Thailand, more to come!!! I am excited by their willingness to help out in the greater scheme of things in the world and open their home to others, I know they will improve the life if a child with their loving lifestyles and passion for quality parenting. On that note I would point out that my sister has proven to be a phenomenal mother, I know she has doubts sometimes, but she has raised to gorgeous and well-adjusted little girls who I have no doubt will continue to flourish in her care. The trip was filled with many highlights as they weekend seemed to just fly by for all of us. We ate, danced, sang, read quite a few stories, and played in the snow as we made a snowman with one of the best hairdos I have seen in quite some time. I was even able to share with Sara one of my favorite childhood stories "Where the wild things are" on my last night in Ohio, it was wonderful to see her sharing my excitement about the childhood classic. Let the wild rumpus begin!! And rumpus we did. The girls showed us all of their new dance moves as they have continued to enjoy starting their own dance classes in recent months. No surprise there will all of the history and love of dance that Michelle has. It was quite a sight as the twisted away to their favorite music, Lori chasing after Sara around the room asking for her to be a dance partner, one of the cuter sights I have seen in a while. They are becoming good friends as they grow up together and improve their sharing and playing skills as their interests grow, so much fun to be a witness to. I know it has been a real joy for my mother to have such precious grandchildren to visit. she has glowed in their affection and takes the role of grandmother very seriously, she had a wonderful model in her own mother who was such a wonderful supporter my siblings and myself. After all of the dust has settled I am looking forward already to this summer when the plan is to meet at Grandma and Grandpa's house in Denver with my sister, the nieces, my brother, Amy and Janelle if we can swing it for a big family gathering for all of us. I know it would be special if we can all make the effort. I sure do love those little girls and look forward to more cross-country adventures in the near future. So long for now.

No comments: