Thursday, February 08, 2007

Another week has gone by and fun all the way around. I had a bye for my men's 6's team on Sunday so no news there but my coed 6's team won a hard fought battle versus our archrival in the league for the last several years Badd Fung Shui 3-0. That puts us in the top slot for the league at this point with our 9-3 record after 4 matches. We play again tonight versus a team we went 2-1 against the first time around seeking to improve our outcome from that night, we will see. I also had another chance to play goalie for the indoor soccer team I have joined. We won again with a 10-4 game versus last years champion of this division, not a bad way to start out a league 2-0. Once again I gave up a few goals I would like to have back but that is certainly the way it works in indoor it seems. The team we played had a VERY good goalie, I am not ashamed to say he was much more talented then me and yet the style makes it very hard to keep out scores with as much pressure as we had all night. Oh well, we will see if we can keep things rolling with our team in the next few weeks, we have some good match-ups on the horizon with some of the stronger teams in the league. I have added here a few more choice images from my awesome trip to Akron to visit the nieces. That is in fact me wearing the fine horse-head costume as we played dress-up and helping the little ones add to the impressive hairdo of the snowman we managed with what little snow they had. It was not very deep but man did it stick....perfect for snowball/snowman manufacturing!! I am still glowing from my trip to see the girls and am excited for the opportunity to see them in a few months as most of the Weaver Clan intends to descend upon my parents house in Denver for a few days of what I am sure will be some crazy fun. I am also starting to organize a men's indoor tournament for Feb. 18th. I have been disappointed in the region and their efforts for the men these days, the community itself is somewhat to blame as well. In any case I think being a little more pro-active might stimulate some play for all of us still wanting to get in some indoor play for the season. Should be interesting to see where things end up with this attempt. Until next time!!

Sports Standings:
Indoor Soccer: 2-0 (Second Place, only by numbers of games played)
Coed 6's: 9-3 (First Place)
Men's Indoor 6's V-ball: 12-4 (Tied for 2nd Place)

No comments: