Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Just an update from the weekend activities. Pretty good results I felt like as the Madman indoor men's team took 3rd out of 11 AA/A teams at the most recent Oregon event. In the process we knocked out the premier Oregon-based squad in KBCC whom had not lost in such an early round in the last 5-6 years!! Not to shabby way to start the weekend. We proceeded from there to lose in a very close 3-game semifinal to the next best Oregon team in my opinion as we fell in the third game 13-15. Great play from all of our guys who stepped up a ton to put on quite a show in my mind. The middles (Alan an Tony) made a world of difference once again controlling the net and opening up the offense for all of our hitters. The only bummer was a fairly significant jamming of my thumb during the early action of the day. Some pretty good swelling and color there which has been significantly decreased in the last few days with my icing and other therapy. We will see how quick I am able to heal. Looks like a break in my role of goalie at least for the time being. In addition I was able to tape up real tight and play on Sunday night in our big grudge match versus the sand players in the Bellevue indoor league. Web swept them out with a 4-0 match as they imploded into self-arguing and one guy leaving the court to leave the rest to play with 5!! Classic ego v-ball action I tell you, gotta love those bech guys!! That places us in 1st for the league with a 2-game buffer. Not too shabby. My month-ending move continues apace as I look to start the physical part on Thursday when I plan to move the majority of my stuff to the new location. I all hoping that the 4-5 items on Craig's List will also be pared down this week to prevent us having to find a way to store any of them. Looks like I have leads on at least 2 of the items for this week which would be a major victory in my mind. More to come as the move, more indoor soccer, and hopefully some bro-time happens this week!!

No comments: