Friday, February 23, 2007

No pictures this round but lots to update on the sports and life front. First the sports. Great fun as usual as my coed 6's team continue to roll over the last few weeks with 2 3-0 sweeps of the upper half of our division, clinching us the top slot in the impending playoffs that start in 2 weeks. The men's 6's also had a sweep in our one match since last I posted and we now stand at 16-4, just 2 games out of first (The Seattle beach boys) and have set up for the big showdown this Sunday as we take on the Beach Guys for the bragging rights in the league, should be a good one. The soccer has been fun as well as we have gone 1-1 since last I posted but our one loss was on a night when we have no subs and played shorthanded for much of the match, oh well....We get another shot at the guys who beat us in just a few weeks, should also be a good one I would predict. In addition to all of this I have been able to pull off a very successful men's indoor tournament here in Seattle, one of the bigger ones we have had in the last 2 years if I am not mistaken!! Felt really good to try and rejuvenate the local scene and have such a great response from all who attended. To boot my squad (Team Madman/ www.madmanvolleyball.com) played our best to date, finishing in second place and taking the only game off of the eventual winners Island Style. What a way to round out the day. As busy as the sports scene has been the other stuff has been just as busy as I now have a 4-month extension from my current job to look for a new one in the Seattle area. I also plan to move in with my girlfriend Janelle at the end of the month, we are both really excited. This of course has led to some crazy weeks combined with packing, selling items on Craig's list (never knew this would be such a headache!!), packing, getting parking permit, making trips to Goodwill with donations, etc... It will be great to finish this stuff up. It has also be a very good cleansing experience emotionally and physically for me to start fresh in this chapter of my life. On top of all of this my brother announced his engagement to long-time girlfriend Amy whom I adore!! I am really excited for them and to have Amy as a formal part of the Weaver Crew here in the near future. Off this weekend as I play another v-ball event in the Portland area and look forward to finishing up all of the moving details. Happy days to come!!

Sports Standings:
Coed 6's v-ball: 15-3 (First Seed for Playoffs)
Indoor Soccer: 3-0-1 (Tied for first)
Men's Indoor 6's v-ball: 16-4 (Second place by 2 games, big match for first this weekend)
Indoor Men's V-ball USAV: 2nd place finish in Feb. 18th Tournament

No comments: