Monday, November 20, 2006

A quick update after a whirlwind weekend for me. Friday night I was at friend's Steve Weinrich and Rachel's house for a really fun party they threw. Everyone was supposed to dress in old formal wear from prom or bridesmaid fashion-style. Janelle went in a stunning green number complete with fake rhinestone at the waist on a large bow. I had a green jacket, plaid pants, suspenders and a very nice brown tie. Good times with good people as we were able to see Jesse Paulson, Mark Kadlec, Tim Hamman, Kiera Bholes, and many others. Saturday was spent getting final details ready for my turkey event for Sunday. I also managed to watch the disappointing Cougar game at a friends house (Thanks for hosting Jason Nap!!) with many sympathetic cougar faithful. Good times despite the loss to the hated Dawgs!! That's what you get for playing so sloppy I guess. Sunday was my 1st annual coed 6's Turkey-ball tournament at Sammamish High school in Bellevue. We packed 15 eager teams into the 3 courts and had a blast. I surprised my team with a set of personalized jerseys for everyone and had a really nice time with all the faces, new and old. A ton of people came out of the woodwork that I have not seen in ages or ever before, which was one of the main objectives for the event and something I am really proud of. For the most part it ran just right on time with some great competition by the end for all with really close games all the way around. All but one of the 15 teams won at least one game!! Pretty rare when that happens and it goes to show you how close things were across the board. I was a little bummed as my team did not fair quite as well. We did finish 4-4 on the day which was nice and were probably right in the middle play-wise. I continue to struggle running and playing in the same tournaments, I overwhelm myself which leads to a pretty short fuse on my end of things and some outbursts that I am always trying to limit. In any case, I managed to raise ~$1000 for the volleyball program at my Alma mater and get 5 packed boxes worth of non-perishable food items as donation for the local food bank charity Northwest Harvest for the holiday season. Not to shabby for a days worth of work I guess. I can use ALL the karma I can get these days it seems like. All for now, I will try and post some pictures from the events when I have the chance.

No comments: