Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I am recovering at this point from a weekend of v-ball fun....still. On Saturday was the 9th annual JWI event I run in honor of my bro. It was a great success with 56 players in total and over $1000 raised for a local charity, tough to beat that. The next day I did something I rarely do, play volleyball in the sand. I had a great group to play with and by some stoke of pure luck made it all the way to the loser finals to finish 3rd in a group of 30 teams, what a day!! I had a blast but am exhausted and have been for the whole week. The special wristbands that my good friends Jesse Paulson and Todd Moore gave me carried me through the day I think (nothing like a little Penguin Power!!). I am just really glad both events went off without much of a hitch, people had a good time, and money was raised for some great local organizations. How can you not have fun when looking like this at a v-ball event? I think I won the costume section of the day hands down!! I know at least I was able to put a few smiles on people's faces for the day, that certainly counts for something. I am now gearing up for a visit from my folks out of Denver, a trip to the east side of the state with my girlfiend and my final events of the summer later this month. No rest for the weary I guess. Until then...

1 comment:

toddderrick said...

Hot pants, Matty. Love the shout out!