Monday, August 14, 2006

What a great weekend with the Weaver Parental Units in town for a chunk of fun in the Emerald City. We had gorgeous weather almost the entire time. It is always a fun time with my parents as we laugh almost the entire duration of the visit, no matter the general circumstances. Ever wonder where I get my stunning good looks? Just look at my mother and there is nor disguising the source of my genetic make-up.
Starbucks did us right on a few mornings as we got fueled up for the adventures to come including the zoo, the Seahawks first pre-season game and other times to sit and chat. The Seahawks looked a little sloppy in their first time on the field this season but one can expect that with a lot of expectations for their season after last year's amazing run into the playoffs and all the way to Detroit for Superbowl XL!!! Thanks again my bro John for being the awesome Seahawk hook-up for tickets and gear, it has been great to have someone we know on the inside of this great organization. Ask to see his NFC Championship ring sometime...Impressive to say the least!

The zoo was a real highlight for me. I have loved going to see the animals since I was a small kid and my enthusiasm never seems to dim no matter how old I get. These monkey put on a great show for us with much swinging, sliding down poles, and sunbathing. They then had a grooming session that was hilarious as their facial expressions of "strained patience" was recognizable to a male of any species!! Great stuff, great trip, great family time. Looking forward to the next trip to see some additional Weaver-type faces!!

No comments: